Monday, December 06, 2010

Any man forgets his number spends the night in the box.

A few acrostics I've found useful teaching devices, especially with die Kinder.

FAITH
Forsaking
All
I
Trust
Him

GRACE
God’s
Riches
At
Christ’s
Expense

ACTS
Adoration
Confession
Thanksgiving
Supplication

FROG
Fully
Rely
On
God

BIBLE
Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth

JOY
Jesus first
Others second
Yourself last

TULIP*
Total Depravity
Unconditional Election
Limited Atonement
Irresistible Grace
Perseverance of the Saints
*Though not an acrostic without difficulties.

  • Any other ones you've found helpful?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 06 December, 2010 07:52, Anonymous Lance said...

A couple I heard to help remember the order of Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians:
General Electric Power Company
God Eats Pop Corn (ref. to the Son, I guess).

 
At 06 December, 2010 08:47, Anonymous Glenn K. said...

"Cool Hand Luke"

 
At 07 December, 2010 15:37, Blogger Oilcan said...

From Gunny's premarital counseling:
S: Sex
M: Money
I: In-Laws
R: Religion
K: Kids
From Gunny's church disciplship:
W: Worship
I: Instruction
F: Fellowship
E: Exhortation

 
At 07 December, 2010 18:44, Blogger GUNNY said...

Glenn K ... nailed it! Interestingly enough, I saw this referenced in Toy Story 3 a few weeks ago.

Good ones, Oil. I will throw out some SMIRK on Wednesday.

That SMIRK is not a failure to communicate.

Lance, I memorized it as Gentiles Eat Pork Chops, originating with Kirk Taylor, I think.

 
At 10 December, 2010 02:49, Blogger GUNNY said...

Oil reminded me Wednesday night at Whataburger of the 4 bad communication/conflict resolution behaviors predictive of a failed marriage: WINE

W - Withdrawal
I - Invalidation
N - Negative Interpretation
E - Escalation

Don't do those when conflict, which is inevitable, arises.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting