Wednesday, December 22, 2010

He will change poopy diapers. -- Does he have to use the word "poopy"?

Children are a blessing, a great gift from God. However, that doesn't mean that every aspect of every stage of their life feels like a blessing.

As my children get older, I am enjoying the blessing of certain things no longer being a part of our lives.

The following are the top 5 things I'm glad are no longer part of our lives and I hope to never revisit them ever again:
  1. Diapers
  2. Runny noses that need to be wiped by someone else
  3. Sippy cups
  4. Teletubbies
  5. The Wiggles

There are more those 5 beat me down like nobody's business and I'm glad they're in my rear view mirror. Any you might suggest?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 22 December, 2010 06:15, Blogger samurai said...

For me 1 - 3 are a lock. 4 and 5 I would submit for consideration Barney, and... ok, teletubbies would also make the list. 8)

 
At 23 December, 2010 12:05, Blogger Unknown said...

Spitting up..... And Slobbering..... I never thought that would end.

 
At 27 December, 2010 13:03, Blogger Rev. said...

Samurai's consideration is worthy... Barney has got to be on that list. What about that baster deal used to clear out snot-plugged noses? And having to cap each electrical outlet and secure every low cabinet door w/ plastic "child-proof" attachments?

 
At 31 December, 2010 12:06, Blogger GUNNY said...

Childproofing the home ... A beating.

Barney-proofing the home ... A blessing!

 
At 03 January, 2011 18:00, Blogger Matt said...

I walked into my three-year-old's room the other day to discover that he had smeared Desitin all over his his toy bricks. "I glued my bricks together" he announced.

I am sure I will miss stories like that, but I won't miss the messes.

 
At 26 January, 2011 17:20, Blogger GUNNY said...

That reminds me of the time one of my daughters used nap time to coat her doll house with Vaseline petroleum jelly. I mean, she pretty much caked the thing, emptying the container.

It got to the point that I had to do an inventory prior to nap time to ensure there was nothing she could use in non-prescribed ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting