I don't care about losing all the money. It's losing all the stuff.
Yesterday at Providence Church we completed a Sunday school series on The Treasure Principle, by Randy Alcorn. (buy it from Amazon.com)
Let me just say, I HIGHLY recommend the book. It does an outstanding job of stacking the biblical teachings regarding money, generosity, sacrificial giving, and living for eternity in such a way that you're overwhelmed by the stark reality of it all.
In other words, I found myself ingesting truths of which I was generally aware, but in such a way that they collectively challenged my thinking & practice where God's money is concerned.
To whet your appetite to buy, read, and apply the book ...
- The Treasure Principle: You can’t take it with you, but you can send it on ahead.
- Key 1: God owns everything. I’m His money manager.
- Key 2: My heart always goes where I put God’s money.
- Key 3: Heaven, not earth, is my home.
- Key 4: I should live not for the dot but for the line.
- Key 5: Giving is the only antidote to materialism.
- Key 6: God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving.