Monday, March 01, 2010

I don't care about losing all the money. It's losing all the stuff.

Yesterday at Providence Church we completed a Sunday school series on The Treasure Principle, by Randy Alcorn. (buy it from Amazon.com)

Let me just say, I HIGHLY recommend the book. It does an outstanding job of stacking the biblical teachings regarding money, generosity, sacrificial giving, and living for eternity in such a way that you're overwhelmed by the stark reality of it all.

In other words, I found myself ingesting truths of which I was generally aware, but in such a way that they collectively challenged my thinking & practice where God's money is concerned.

To whet your appetite to buy, read, and apply the book ...
  • The Treasure Principle: You can’t take it with you, but you can send it on ahead.
  • Key 1: God owns everything. I’m His money manager.
  • Key 2: My heart always goes where I put God’s money.
  • Key 3: Heaven, not earth, is my home.
  • Key 4: I should live not for the dot but for the line.
  • Key 5: Giving is the only antidote to materialism.
  • Key 6: God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving.
See also 43 Quotes from The Treasure Principle: Discovering the Secret of Joyful Giving or buy it from Amazon.com. Or if you'd like, you're welcome to borrow my copy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 01 March, 2010 12:44, Anonymous RonH said...

I'd take issue with "Key #3". Heaven isn't our home. Earth is. We are physical beings, created for earth. Our ultimate end isn't to dwell in heaven, but on the New Earth. Heaven is a temporary waystation where the souls of the departed await the resurrection --- but it is the Resurrection which is our hope, not heaven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting