Friday, July 04, 2008

C'mon! We're all going to die; die standing up!

With the flags waving and fireworks bursting in air, here are my favorite patriotic movies. Some of these really resonated with my growth and development of living overseas during the cold war.

These are movies that make me proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
  1. Red Dawn
  2. Rocky IV
  3. Patton
  4. Sergeant York
  5. Rambo: First Blood Part II
  6. (Escape to) Victory
  7. Platoon
  8. The Right Stuff
  9. We Were Soldiers
  10. Glory
  11. Miracle
  12. Men of Honor
  13. Top Gun
  14. An Officer and a Gentleman
  15. Patriot Games
  16. Stripes
  17. Firefox
  18. Missing in Action
  19. Red Heat
  20. Spies Like Us
Miss any?

5 Comments:

At 04 July, 2008 07:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Great Escape!

 
At 04 July, 2008 08:47, Blogger Jade said...

Gunny,
I'm disappointed in you. How could you forget The Guns of Navarone, The Dirty Dozen, The Longest Day, Full Metal Jacket, Taps, A Bridge Too Far and The Bridge on the River Kwai?

 
At 04 July, 2008 09:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My all time favorite is Sergeant York, followed by The Great Escape. Of late, Behind Enemy Lines has become very special to me. I haven't seen Iwo Jima, yet, though. selahV

 
At 04 July, 2008 13:14, Blogger Lance said...

Loved Miracle and We Were Soldiers.

When you find time to watch Band of Brothers, it will be #1 in your patriotic mini-series category.

 
At 05 July, 2008 20:52, Blogger Jade said...

One more thing Gunny --- The Patriot with Mel Gibson! That's like THE 4th of July movie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting