Thursday, June 26, 2008

Move your thumb.

I always thought this was common knowledge, but apparently not, so I'll share this factoid with you.

Credit cards tell you what kind/brand they are by the 1st digit.

3 - American Express starts with a 3.
4 - Visa starts with a 4.
5 - Mastercard (formerly Mastercharge) starts with a 5.
6 - Discover card starts with a 6.

(Learn more about what the numbers mean.)

I first realized this when I would give my number to a company only to hear, "Is that a Visa or Mastercard?" I wanted to say, "Move your thumb," but I found myself educating the person with the information I've shared above.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

6 Comments:

At 26 June, 2008 11:57, Blogger Timothy said...

Now remember, Lightning Bob showed us that the bar code on all products has the number 666 in it. So where do the 666 come up in the credit card numbers???

The beast, the beast, the number of the beast is every where... See how you can protect yourself in my new book coming out just after the rapture in '09!

 
At 26 June, 2008 17:45, Blogger Matthew Bradley said...

Timothy, that kind of irresponsible commenting is very much part of the problem today.

Besides, we all know that the internet is the beast. I mean, c'mon, isn't it obvious? In Hebrew letters are used instead of digits. The Hebrew letter for 6 is "sin". And if you put three "sins" together what do you see? WWW. Does it really take a seminary graduate to see the implications?

:^)

 
At 27 June, 2008 09:45, Blogger Timothy said...

Hi Matthew,
You're right. I should be more responsible... If www stands for the beast, does that mean Al Gore, the inventor of the internet is the antiChrist??? :)

 
At 27 June, 2008 10:37, Blogger GUNNY said...

You PCA guys ... I guess we all don't get your Presbyterian humor.

I looked at my WWJD? bracelet and so now it's time to go back to reading my Prayer of Jabez so I'm not Left Behind. After all, I want my Best Life Now, don't I?

I'm on day 23 of my 40 days of Porpoise.

 
At 28 June, 2008 14:58, Blogger Jeff Wright said...

Exactly. You should have learned that in Mark o' da Beast 101.

 
At 30 June, 2008 14:10, Blogger samurai said...

Interesting... thank you for sharing that tid-bit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting