Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No? Okay, then shut your piehole and listen to me when I say that I am FINISHED with the checking-of-the-bags CONVERSATION.

I'm not that great with small talk and I'm not often a great conversation starter. I've previously shared some of the worst small group ice breakers, but this is an interesting list I came across.


20 Conversation Starters
  1. What was the neatest birthday present you ever received?
  2. What makes you laugh?
  3. What is your favorite food?
  4. Where would you like to go for a vacation if you could go anyplace in the whole world?
  5. If you had to move and could take only 3 things with you, what would you take?
  6. How would you describe the "ideal" father or mother?
  7. What is something you can do pretty well?
  8. What is your favorite song?
  9. What is your best friend like?
  10. How would you describe yourself to someone who does not know you?
  11. Has there been a time when you felt proud of yourself?
  12. What kind of store would you like to own and operate?
  13. If you received $5,000 as a gift--how would you spend it?
  14. What is your favorite room in your house? Why?
  15. What kind of job do you want to have in 20 years?
  16. What talent do you wish you had?
  17. If someone could give you anything in the world for your birthday--what would you like it to be?
  18. What would you like to invent to make life better?
  19. What is something that bugs you?
  20. What kind of trophy would you like to win?
-Jerry & Patti MacGregor, Family Times: Growing Together in Fun and Faith

Some good ones. Any others?

3 Comments:

At 11 June, 2008 16:52, Blogger Jade said...

Gunny wrote:
I'm not that great with small talk and I'm not often a great conversation starter.
I can understand not liking the small talk (who does?!), but I would have never thought that you weren't a good ice breaker. Never got that impression when I first met you.... Did I get the wrong first impression? ;ob

 
At 11 June, 2008 20:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meet the Parents

Hartman, you need to take those little sticks out of your head and realize that I'm a person.

 
At 16 June, 2008 12:02, Blogger GUNNY said...

Jade,

I think I'm much more the James Worthy to a Magic Johnson. If someone can start up a good conversation and create, I can take the ball to the hoop with speed and a delicious finger roll at the end.

But ... I'm not conversation point guard, though I'm not quite the spare I once was.

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting