Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's only a mask... if you treat it that way.

Every once in a while I take my kids for a trip down memory lane. I like for them to be able to experience and enjoy that which I enjoyed as a kid.

They'll never know what it's like to ride their bikes all over town, merely being concerned about being home before dark. This is a different time, a different world.

They'll never know many of the adventures I had as a kid. But they can know the joy of perhaps the greatest cartoon of all time ... SPEED RACER!

Just as I have exposed them to The Lone Ranger, so we enjoyed some time on the couch today becoming acquainted with Speed, Trixie, Pops, Sparky, Spritle, and my childhood fav, the Masked Racer (aka Racer X).

What can I say, I guess I've always had an affinity for masked heroes (e.g., Racer X, Kemo Sabe, Batman, and Zorro).

Some folks shy away from the mask, but it's only a mask ... if you treat it that way.


I encourage you to take your own stroll down memory lane (official site - Wiki), or learn of some new characters.

1 Comments:

At 21 April, 2007 10:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Different times indeed, I doubt my children have ever driven a card board box Mach 5. :) We used to roam the town till dark as youngsters, last night I couldn't even get one of my kids to walk with me to pick up my truck from being serviced. I got the, "I can't walk that far!" What was I thinking, even now my daughter is sending my a text message from the other room instead of walking across my modest house to ask me a question.

-KingPin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting