Tuesday, April 03, 2007

We're to Tara right away; the Yankees are coming.

John Piper is today in the Promised Land (i.e., Aggieland) and will be speaking tonight. He and his peeps are handing out hundreds of copies of Don't Waste Your Life and I pray it will have a great impact on the campus.

When I was a senior as a chaplain in the Corps of Cadets we started up a thing called "Resurrection Week" with events leading up to Resurrection Sunday. We brought in speakers and the culmination was a crucifixion & resurrection reenactment followed by a Gospel presentation to those in attendance in the courtyard.

By God's grace I got to be that speaker at Resurrection Week '97. As great as it was I never got in on any John Piper action, but it's encouraging to see "The Pipe" (as Lance calls him) spreading "a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ" at Texas A&M University.

I just wish I would have known sooner as I would have tried to make a trip down to Tara, knowing the Yankees are coming.

UPDATE: Click to listen to Dr. Piper's talk.

2 Comments:

At 03 April, 2007 21:24, Blogger Lance said...

Methinks "The Pipe" is a gunny-ism, so you'll have to take the credit. I won't get tender, I promise.

 
At 05 April, 2007 19:20, Blogger Jade said...

Gunny, I didn't know you were such a Yankee fan. :b Hehehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting