Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Any man don't keep order spends a night in ... the box.

Chris Arnold use to say that, "Movie watching is a sport."

Perhaps he's right. If so, we owe it to each other to recommend worthwhile sporting events, not watching someone fishing on ESPN2 in the wee hours of the morning.

To that end, I submit to you my favorite incarceration movies:
  1. Cool Hand Luke
  2. Shawshank Redemption
  3. My Cousin Vinny
  4. Blues Brothers
  5. Stir Crazy
  6. Raising Arizona
  7. The Green Mile
  8. (Escape to) Victory
  9. The Longest Yard (1974)
  10. The Great Escape
Honorable Mention: Silence of the Lambs, Dead Man Walking, Escape from Alcatraz

Did I miss any?

UPDATE: Apparently, I did miss some! Thanks for those who squared me away in the comments.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 10 March, 2010 17:35, Blogger etoc said...

Brubaker!

 
At 10 March, 2010 20:45, Blogger Reepicheep said...

DUDE...How could you miss the greatest movie of 1990?

ERNEST GOES TO JAIL

 
At 11 March, 2010 12:13, Blogger Rev. said...

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

 
At 11 March, 2010 17:15, Blogger GUNNY said...

We thought you was a toad!

 
At 11 March, 2010 21:21, Blogger Rev. said...

The Preacher said it absolved us.

 
At 15 March, 2010 14:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot Oilcan's favourite:
Midnight Express

And I think The Rock counts, since it took place in a prison locale.

-tAnk

 
At 19 March, 2010 12:40, Blogger Oilcan said...

And Tank's favorite:

American History X

Other mentionables:
Missing In Action
The Jericho Mile
Papillon
The Hurricane

 
At 19 March, 2010 12:43, Blogger Oilcan said...

Doh - I forgot the greatness of Ben Hur!

 
At 20 March, 2010 22:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For your consideration I would add:
Bullit
Casablanca
Chisum
Band of Brothers (yes it was a 10 part mini series but it rocks)
The Philadelphia Story
The Maltese Falcon
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

 
At 22 March, 2010 20:16, Blogger Jade said...

I don't think I can forgive you Gunny for forgetting the following:
"12 Angry Men",
"How to Kill a Mocking Bird",
"Witness for the Prosecution".

Please tell me you have at least seen these classics ...

 
At 23 March, 2010 15:56, Blogger GUNNY said...

Lots of "D'oh!" for me in retrospect. Thanks for the reminders and/or suggestions.

Jade, I've seen Mockingbird & Angry Men. Like Meatloaf said, two outta three ain't bad.

But, I will add the following to my Netflix queue:
-Ernest Goes to Jail
-Bullit
-Witness for the Prosecution

No offense, Oil, but I might be too chicken for Midnight Express, though I still promise never to talk about your "vacation" in Turkey.

But, I do like Gladiator movies and I have seen a grown man naked. Once again, two outta three ain't bad ... and we'll leave it at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting