Thursday, February 05, 2009

I do ... but I don't know why.

My son was recently the student of the week where you bring a poster about yourself with pictures, etc. He also shared about his favorite things and what he wanted to be when he grows up.

I noticed it said he wanted to be a pastor when he grows up. We then had the following conversation:

Gunny: "Do you want to be a pastor when you grow up?"

Jet: "Yes, sir."

Gunny: "Do you think it would be fun to stand up and tell people about Jesus and about the Bible?"

Jet: "No sir, I don't think that would be fun."

Gunny: [now puzzled] "Well, what is it about being a pastor that you think you would like?"

Jet: "Hmm. I don't know."

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess he wants to be a pastor merely because his dad is one. I thought to myself, "It's a good thing I'm not a hatchet murderer."

Well, it was just another reminder of how important our example can be to our children, good or bad.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 06 February, 2009 15:23, Blogger Oilcan said...

GUNNY!

Welcome back.

 
At 06 February, 2009 15:26, Blogger GUNNY said...

Thank you, sir. It's good to be back. I may start out slow, but I've got some slooge I've had stored up in the wings for a wee bit.

 
At 06 February, 2009 16:48, Blogger Sean Crowe said...

Gunny,
Long time no see, no hear, no read. Where have you been hiding? We miss ya.

 
At 06 February, 2009 20:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are holding out on me. That is my grandson. Well done, Student of the Week. I am glad that you are not a hatchet murderer.

 
At 09 February, 2009 10:20, Blogger samurai said...

Amen... well, no matter what he grows up to become... he is fortunate enough to have you as his father. It is obviously you are an important part of his life.

 
At 11 February, 2009 20:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG,is it really you...or have you gotten a "ghost writer" to make us all think you are back? :D

(Like I have room to talk...its been awhile since I've posted anything...guess I better get something new and fresh back on my blog, too)! :D

 
At 12 February, 2009 17:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. Great story. Glad your not a hatchet murderer! The ladies in the office got a kick out of the article too. Apparently father and son in bow ties makes them smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting