Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lord 3 things we pray: To love Thee more dearly, to see Thee more clearly, to follow Thee more nearly, day, by day, by day. Amen.

Well it would be to heed Matthew 7:12.
"So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

My simple question ... could/would you pray this prayer?
(cf. 6:14-15)



The words of Garth Brooks come to mind:
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs,
that just because He doesn't answer doesn't mean He don't care.
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 18 November, 2008 12:12, Blogger Sean Crowe said...

The theology of Garth Brooks...only in Texas.

 
At 18 November, 2008 14:35, Blogger GUNNY said...

Between that and the theology of Kenny Rogers, what else do you need?!

 
At 18 November, 2008 17:34, Blogger Rev. said...

Don't leave out Waylon and Willie and the boys...

And don't place your mothers cremains on the fireplace mantle! ;)

 
At 18 November, 2008 21:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gots me a case a the mondeys. Thanks for the bday wishes.

 
At 21 November, 2008 10:16, Blogger Timothy said...

I actually have said that in a few of my sermons... the Garth theology, although, I didn't know he had a song on it. Maybe I should listen to a few more of his tunes. The only one I know is the one they always played in the Chicken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting