For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman."
An open letter to the "classic rock" radio stations in Dallas (and worldwide) ...
To the Andy Travis of your station,
The following are my top 3 classic rock "beat down" songs. These are songs that either whip me in their own right or have attained beat down status from overexposure.
- The Boys Are Back in Town, Thin Lizzy
- I Heard It through the Grapevine, Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Old Time Rock & Roll, Bob Seger
Also, please tell your respective Dr. Johnny Fevers and Venus Flytraps I said, "More rock, less talk."
Lastly, I would like to hear more from the following:
- REO Speedwagon
- Electric Light Orchestra
- Steve Miller Band
- Seals & Croft
- Atlanta Rhythm Section
- The Guess Who
- The Who (other than just Pinball Wizard)
- Bill Withers (though perhaps not "classic" classic rock)
- My Sharona, by The Knack
P.S. Contrary to what you might hear, Foghat's Slow Ride needs to stay in the rotation.