Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Never apologize and never explain -- it's a sign of weakness.

Fred is dropping out of the presidential race.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. He's not placed well in the primaries, never doing better than the bronze medal.

He had shown such great promise.
"Poll averages showed he went from second place nationally in early September to fifth this week."

I would have liked to have seen him campaign harder, but competition among the candidates for the same group of voters (i.e., evangelicals) likely didn't help him any.

I'm concerned for the GOP as I no longer see a conservative in the bunch, save Ron Paul, but he's finished ever worse than Fred.

Thanks for exploring the possibility, Fred.

What's next for Fred?
"As for Thompson’s future, there has been speculation he could be angling for vice president."


P.S. From Fred himself:
"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."

7 Comments:

At 22 January, 2008 15:17, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

hi there..indeed Fred did seem promising..who now? ah

 
At 22 January, 2008 18:41, Blogger risen_soul said...

What's wrong with Mike Huckabee?

 
At 23 January, 2008 10:23, Blogger Jared Nelson said...

johnmccain.com :)

 
At 23 January, 2008 12:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huckabee is too liberal (in-state tuition to illegal aliens and such).

Paul is too weak militarily. He wants to call home troops from everywhere and let everyone walk all over the USA.

McCain is just too weird. Plus anyone who would team up with Feingold to pass legislation...

I'm sorry Fred dropped out. He was a true conservative. Reminds of when Phil Gramm dropped out.

 
At 23 January, 2008 14:21, Blogger Mike's America said...

"evil triumphs when good men do nothing" should be kept in mind by those so frustrated by Fred's withdrawal and the poor set of alternatives in the GOP.

I would hate to see us sit on our hands this year and watch as Hillary is elected.

I remember how bad that was when conservatives stayed home in 1976 because they didn't like Gerald Ford and Carter was elected.

The entire war with Islamic Fascism was started by Carter's stupidity in dealing with Iran.

We can't take that chance again.

 
At 23 January, 2008 17:35, Blogger GUNNY said...

Anon,

Great comparison with Fred & Phil Gramm. I was at A&M when he announced his candidacy on the steps of the "Systems Building" on the campus.

It was good bull and I was so stoked for him to be the man, but not so much.

He would have been great, like Fred.


Good word, Mike.

We can't just sleep in on fateful Tuesday in November and wallow in our self-pity.

 
At 24 January, 2008 09:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
"in-state tuition to illegal aliens and such" in regards to Huckabee.

This is news to me...anyone know where that can be confirmed? I would be interested to see it in print.

~M K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting