Thursday, December 13, 2007

My place is with you. I go where you go.

Just some thoughts on the need for God's presence in our lives, our need to walk with God.

(N.B. That's our need to walk with God; He has no such "need.")


"Abide With Me"

Abide with me! fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide!
When other helpers fail, and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
Earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see:
O Thou who changest not, abide with me!

- Henry Francis Lyte (1793-1847)


"You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless till they find their rest in you"
-Augustine, Confessions


He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
-Micah 6:8 (ESV)

Sometimes it's just that simple and it's simply just what we need.

11 Comments:

At 13 December, 2007 08:47, Blogger Michelle Kearney said...

Dances with Wolves...funny, I was just talking with someone about that this week.

 
At 13 December, 2007 08:56, Blogger GUNNY said...

Well done!

Stands with a Fist would be proud.

;-)

 
At 13 December, 2007 09:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaahhhh, sweetness squeezed out of pain. It hurts so good! We have been thinking about you so much lately; praying for you. we, also, have now heard the Micah Scripture THREE times in one week. Yes, Lord, you have our attention!! love to you, d n mi

 
At 13 December, 2007 09:32, Blogger GUNNY said...

Amen, mimi. It's in those dark times that we realize just how much of a comfort our precious Lord is.

I appreciate the prayers so very much.

That Micah passage is good, isn't it?!

 
At 13 December, 2007 09:53, Blogger Lance said...

To do what the Lord asks is so remarkably simple.

It does not require programs, budgets or strategies.

Oh, how I fear that we've made abiding in Christ far too complex.

As one old wag used to say, "Spirituality is not hard; it's just hard work."

 
At 13 December, 2007 14:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gunny say...

That Micah passage is good, isn't it?!

mi say....
way!

How can we know true comfort unless first we know true pain...

 
At 13 December, 2007 15:19, Blogger not used anymore. said...

Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried.

Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven-as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.

Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.

 
At 13 December, 2007 18:00, Blogger not used anymore. said...

So... Michelle,

What movie was yesterday's line from? You seem to be in the lead. I hardly ever know them.

 
At 14 December, 2007 08:36, Blogger Michelle Kearney said...

He baffled me with the last one. I have no idea where the "half mexican, half italian..." line came from.

But, I have an advantage--being around Eric and his comrades so often. They talk movie-speak. (although, I knew the Dances with Wolves one on my own!)

: )

 
At 14 December, 2007 18:06, Blogger not used anymore. said...

And your grand seed total is...

So tell me, E-rocker, which movie is the 3 halfs from? I'm thinking the gangs of New York but I know that's not on your list.

Oil? Any input?

 
At 17 December, 2007 14:55, Blogger GUNNY said...

Check back ... Oil got it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting