Monday, September 04, 2006

nothing gold can stay

Steve Irwin died today in a marine accident by a stingray at age 44. He was perhaps better known as the "Crocodile Hunter." Before dying he apparently pulled a stingray barb from his own chest.

I loved his shows, even though the vast majority of my viewing was done peeking through my fingers as I had a hard time watching him pick up snakes by their tails, even though he told me they were lovely or gorgeous.

One of the most famous of Aussies will be missed, particularly by his wife Terri and his kids, Bindi (8) and Robert (2).

Some thought him nuts and/or reckless, but his corner on the market was sheer genius and his show was pure gold, but nothing gold can stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting