Sunday, May 09, 2010

Am I reading my diss-meter correctly here? 'Cause I could swear I'm being blown off!

In the midst of a Sunday school series on what it means to be Reformed, we've covered evangelism the past two weeks.

The following are 7 books I would highly recommend on evangelism:
  • D. A. Carson (general editor), Telling the Truth
  • Walter Chantry, Today's Gospel: Authentic or Synthetic?
  • Mark Dever, The Gospel and Personal Evangelism
  • Will Metzger, Tell the Truth: The Whole Gospel to the Whole Person by Whole People
  • J. I. Packer, Evangelism & the Sovereignty of God
  • John Piper, Let the Nations Be Glad!
  • Charles Spurgeon, The Soul Winner
Any others you'd suggest?

[Update: Thanks for the other suggestions in the comments.]

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11 May, 2010 21:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new book by Greg Gilbert, What is the Gospel is also very good. A nice summary.

Terry T

 
At 12 May, 2010 11:23, Blogger GUNNY said...

Thanks, Terry. I've had my eye on that one, but hadn't had a chance to get it yet.

 
At 13 May, 2010 11:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerram Barrs, The Heart of Evangelism. (I'm told his new Learning Evangelism from Jesus is also excellent.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting