Thursday, June 04, 2009

There's no 'I' in TEAM ... but there is a 'Me' in MEDIOCRE.

A quote to inspire the Mighty Lakers for tonight's game:
"There's no 'I' in 'TEAM' ... but there is a 'Me' in 'MEDIOCRE.'"
-Kronk, Kronk's New Groove

Kobe, if you have to, get 50 tonight and win Game One against Orlando. If you have to get 20 points and 20 assists, you know what to do: Win Game One.
  • In the NBA, roughly 80% of the teams who win Game One with the series.
  • The Mighty Lakers have won the past 16 playoff series when winning Game One.
  • Phil Jackson's teams have never lost a playoff series when they've won Game One, going 46-0 in such circumstances.

Don't listen to the MJ & LJ comparisons. Don't worry about the box score. Worry only about the "W" column tonight.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 04 June, 2009 10:13, Anonymous Ray Fowler said...

Sorry, Gunny, even though they beat up on my beloved Celtics, I am still routing for Orlando. But, I am predicting LA will take the series in 6 games.

 
At 04 June, 2009 14:35, Blogger GUNNY said...

After Phil going 9-0 in the NBA Finals, I just can't see him going 0-3, especially losing to such a young and inexperienced team.

The Celtics were hungrier last year and not just "happy to be here."

Hopefully, Orlando will be happy to say, "Hey, you know what, nobody expected us to get this far and I'm proud of our team."

Still, Orlando's post-season has been pretty impressive, winning tough series against Boston & the LeBrons.

 
At 05 June, 2009 13:15, Anonymous Ray Fowler said...

Congrats on game number 1. Looks like your Lakers are off and running!

 
At 05 June, 2009 16:06, Blogger GUNNY said...

Thanks, Ray! I'm hesitantly optimistic. The Mighty Lakers haven't done very well winning two games in a row and they REALLY need to hold serve at home, lest they be in danger of not coming back to LA. If they can at least win Sunday, they're guaranteed another game at home.

If they can be up 3-2 coming back to LA, I'll feel pretty good.

Like you, I'm thinking Lakers in 6.

 
At 09 June, 2009 23:21, Blogger Jade said...

AAAUUUUGHHH! Gunny, did you have to show that video highlight of the Yankee/BoSox game?! Right now they are tied for the East! Too close for comfort! :o(

You'll be proud to know that I fearlessly walked into a sports wear store in MA and bought a yankee cap! Let's just say the folks ringing up my order was NOT happy. But I just kept smiling while they were fuming. Hmmm ... maybe I should have also bought a Yankee t-shirt.... :ob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting