Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm not perfect, but who are we kidding, neither are you.

As I celebrate my 14th anniversary today, here are the Top 10 Things Not to Say on Your Anniversary:

10. I stopped caring about anniversaries when you stopped caring about cooking.

9. Today is our what?

8. Okay, let’s celebrate, but do we have to celebrate together?

7. I thought we only celebrated important events?

6. You can celebrate anniversaries with your next husband.

5. You don’t like what I pick out, so I thought why bother.

4. I got you a present worth a dollar for every time you were nice to me this year. Here’s a $5 gift certificate for McDonald’s.

3. If you want me to pretend like I care about our anniversary, I will.

2. You want to go out to dinner? Okay, okay, I’ll take you to Pizza Hut if it’ll shut ya up.

1. I thought you only had to celebrate anniversaries while you were still in love.

As a bonus for you single folk, what not to say in a marriage proposal:
"I'm not perfect, but who are we kidding, neither are you."
- Jeremy Grey

9 Comments:

At 14 August, 2007 19:03, Blogger Rev. said...

Congratulations to you and the Mrs.!

 
At 14 August, 2007 19:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

 
At 14 August, 2007 19:47, Blogger Reepicheep said...

Congrats you newlyweds! Psalm 127:1

 
At 15 August, 2007 11:11, Blogger Jeff Richard Young said...

Dear Brother Gunny,

Happy Anniversary! Is the President or Governor going to be presenting Mrs. Gunny with a medal for bravery?

Love in Christ,

Jeff

P.S. I have very much enjoyed reading your last several blog posts, and find I share your views on a number of things.

 
At 15 August, 2007 12:00, Blogger Timothy said...

Congrats... I think I had a blog one time of the 20 things I said to my new bride but should not have said...

Like the time she asked, "What do you miss about being single?" I responded, "being on time."

Or this stupid one... "Honey, can I have that last piece of pizza? You certainly don't need it." Not wise.

There were a lot more, but I can't remember them now. Thankfully, she quit writing them down.

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 15 August, 2007 12:49, Blogger samurai said...

I couldn't help but chuckle at your list. I can actually picture myself saying some of them! 8|

Congratulations on 14 years. May the Lord richly bless you and your beloved for many, many more.



P.S. I think I can give you a good one that I heard from one of our friends... "We are sufficently compatable...", in preperation of proposing.

 
At 15 August, 2007 13:31, Blogger GUNNY said...

Many thanks, especially to you seasoned veterans from whom I can learn much.

Mrs. Gunny has been awarded the purple heart, almost got a "Section 8" after consenting to marriage to a difficult man (more difficult that the original difficult man, of course), and will receive the medal of valor this year.

The Governor and the President are going to do rock, scissors, paper to get the honor. It's hard to go wrong, but Governor Perry does have Aggie maroon blood on his side.

The years go by pretty quick, but I'm thinking we need a trip to Germany next year to celebrate our 15th. That would be sehr gut!

P.S. I didn't buy her any household appliances for anniversary this year. Husbands can be taught, ladies & gentlemen.

 
At 15 August, 2007 13:35, Blogger GUNNY said...

Jeff,

You're close enough that you might want to check out our Lone Star Founders Fraternal.

I'd love to hear about how things are going for you and your church.

 
At 16 August, 2007 16:10, Blogger M. Jay Bennett said...

Congratulations Gun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting