Monday, July 30, 2007

It's bush league psych-out stuff! Laughable, man!

I've mentioned to others that Scooby Doo has changed since I was a kid, moving from a modern cartoon to the postmodern.

In the past, everything was phony with no supernatural whatsoever. There was always a rational, "scientific explanation" for all phenomena. Typically, it was "Old Man Withers" trying to scare away people, but the meddling kids saw right through his bush league psych-out stuff. Really, it was laughable, man.

Now, there's room for the supernatural (kind of an X-Files meets Old School Scooby and the Gang).

Plus, Scooby Doo now relies heavily on the music of the Ramones to move the plot along, which is a real bonus to our family, strange as that may sound.

So, when I came across this QUIZ, I had to take it.
Is the storyline ripped from the headlines or a plot from Scooby Doo?
Below are ten stories, some true and some taken from episodes in the Scooby Doo canon. But can you sniff out the fact from fiction? Go ahead and tie up your ascot and hop aboard the Mystery Machine already; virtual Scooby Snacks to anyone who gets 100%.

Take the QUIZ
and let me know how you do. I scored 8 out of 10, but I was very surprised by the 2 I missed.

P.S. I just heard one of these Scooy Doo episodes in the background as the kids watched it about 30 minutes AFTER I took the quiz.

2 Comments:

At 31 July, 2007 15:03, Blogger Rev. said...

I scored 8/10.

 
At 03 August, 2007 11:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scored 4 out of 10. Man, I really need to watch more Scooby Doo.

This is embarrasing, so I shall remain anonymous.

-Oilcan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting