Saturday, February 17, 2007

Maybe you've got the right idea. If you start out depressed, everything is kind of a pleasant surprise.

Sitting around a campfire last night with my Los Guys I came upon the following thought. I tried it out on them and it was received favorably, for the most part. There was, of course, a hater in the house, but I think I'm on to something. Am I wrong?
"Only the pessimist can be pleasantly surprised."
-Gunny

If you like it, feel free to use it. Like my preaching professor Timothy Warren once said, "If my bullet fits your gun, man, shoot it."

Some corroborating cogitation:
"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. " - George F. Will

7 Comments:

At 17 February, 2007 16:37, Blogger Lance said...

I'm still chewing on it. Give me some time.

 
At 17 February, 2007 16:37, Blogger Lance said...

I'm still chewing on this. I'll need some more time.

 
At 17 February, 2007 16:51, Blogger Rev. said...

This post is a pleasant surprise.
- Rev.

P.S. (Nice mini-Aggie bonfire there).

 
At 17 February, 2007 16:55, Blogger Rev. said...

Why can't you be in a good mood? How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood and be in a good mood once in a while?

 
At 17 February, 2007 17:17, Blogger GUNNY said...

Did this sound too much like an apologetic for my chronic pessimism?

; )

Too thinly veiled, I guess.

 
At 17 February, 2007 17:45, Blogger Lance said...

Would it work to say, "only an optimist can be unpleasantly surprised"?

 
At 18 February, 2007 02:46, Blogger M. Jay Bennett said...

I always like bullets from THE Gun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting