Saturday, November 11, 2006

A weapon unused is a useless weapon.

Tonight was Providence Prayer Night at Providence Church, a 8PM to midnight congregational time of prayer.

While the emphasis of the meeting was on things pertaining to the church, I found it personally beneficial as well.

At one point I couldn't get the following words from a Keith Green song out of my head:
My eyes are dry. My faith is old. My heart is hard. My prayers are cold. But I know how I ought to be alive to you and dead to me. Oh what can be done for an old heart like mine? Soften it up with oil and wine. The oil is you, your Spirit of love. Please wash me anew with the wine of your blood.
It was a good night of prayer and I felt refreshed and that my heart had been stirred with greater affection for the Lord. For me, few things give me a spiritual boost like an extended time of prayer.

I was reminded of the power of prayer, even with regard to one's personal sanctification. Prayer is not merely a weapon to be used to fight the power of darkness or to, in humility, cast our cares on Him. But it is also a powerful weapon to be used in fighting one's own flesh in the battle of sanctification.

Use that weapon of prayer in your own sanctification, for a weapon unused is a useless weapon.

1 Comments:

At 15 November, 2006 10:57, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

hi there!..I found an old old comment of yours on my previous Blogger blog..so I am payin u a visit.lol...Use that weapon of prayer in your own sanctification, for a weapon unused is a useless weapon....beautiful sentiment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting