Monday, March 27, 2006

The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.















I went on an outdoor men's retreat this past weekend, camping in tents, sitting around a big fire, gazing at the stars in a clear sky. A few times I got to really enjoy God's creation and being "away from it all." The words of one of my favorite hymns kept running through my mind as a consequence.

This is my Father's world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world: I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father's world, the birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world: He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass;
He speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Father's world. O let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world: the battle is not done;
Jesus who died shall be satisfied,
And earth and heaven be one.

(Apparently, I'm not alone as such experience(s) prompted the author, Maltbie Babcock, to pen the above words.)

It's easy to be blinded by the world and responsibilities so that we don't really see the truth of God's creation and His presence/activity in our lives. Have you recognized the Father's involvement in your life today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting