Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played girl bunny?
Here are 10 Magnets to Men's Eyes, thoughts from Pastor Al Martin of Trinity Baptist Church in Montville, New Jersey.
Not too long ago I shared some information and links regarding modesty in dress, but Dr. Martin here does a nice job in explaining the way men's minds work.* He aims to help Christian women avoid giving their Christian brothers "an occasion of struggling with purity of mind."
10 Magnets to Men's Eyes:
- Dresses or skirts with lengthy slips
- Dresses or skirts which hug the buttocks
- Any upper garment that hugs the breasts
- Unbuttoned blouses, low necklines, or cleavage on any upper body garment
- Sleeveless blouses or dresses with large armholes
- Low-rise skirts, jeans, or pants
- See-through garments of any kind
- Skirts and dresses that are just plain too short
- Slacks or pants or jeans that hug the buttocks, the thighs, and the crotch
- A bared midriff and back
- "The purity of your motive does not cancel the effect of you dress."
- "I'm not a dirty-minded old man trying to rob you of your Christian liberty! I'm a pastor determined that in this place women shall appear modestly to the glory of God and to the good of their precious brothers."
- For a husband to help his wife by being the "quality control" for his wife in the area of immodest dress, particularly those magnets to men's eyes: "She's not a man! She doesn't think like a man! You can't expect her to think like a man, but you are a man, aren't you?! Well, begin to act like one!"
Counsel to women:
- Repent of the ways in which you have unwittingly and carelessly allowed yourself to be sucked in by the world's standards and have caused occasion of stumbling to your brothers.
- Then bring forth fruits meet with repentance (i.e., purge your wardrobe).
- Pray for and labor to cultivate a sensitive and well instructed conscience before God concerning this issue.
*Disclaimer: I don't believe the obligation for modesty only applies to females and I don't believe modesty only applies to attire and I don't believe males are free from responsibility when they lust.