It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation.
This may come as a surprise to some, but nobody is more passionate about the glory of God than God is.
- We were created for His glory. (Isa 43:6-7)
- Ultimately, we are saved/forgiven for His glory. (Eph 1:11-12, 13-14; Isa 43:25; Ps 25:11)
- God’s actions are all done for His glory. (1 Sam 12:20-22; Ezek 20:14; Rom 9:17; Ps 106:7-8)
- Jesus endured the cross for the glory of God. (John 12:27-28)
- God is jealous for His glory. (Deut 4:24; Isa 42:8; 48:9-11)
Everything God does is done for His glory.
Ergo … Everything we do must be done to the glory of God.
An actor may ask the director, "What's my motivation in this scene?"
In the drama of life, our motivation in everything we do should be for the glory of God.
(1 Cor 10:31; Matt 5:16; 1 Pet 4:10-11; Ps 115:1)
Labels: glorifying God