You may be the lovely dust through which God works His purpose!
In Sunday school at Providence Church, I taught on Soli Deo Gloria, "to God Alone Be the Glory."
I submit the following for your consideration, including a list of Scriptures we were not able to examine due to time constraints.
“What is the chief end of man? To glorify God and enjoy Him forever.” The Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1646
“I would propose a similar question here-namely, ‘What is the chief end or purpose of God?’ Why did God create the world and mankind? I answer: God’s chief end is to be known in all his glory.” (John D. Hannah, To God be the Glory, 16)
- Ex 14:4 "And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord."
- Ex 14:17 "I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they will go in after them. And I will gain glory through Pharaoh and all his army, through his chariots and his horsemen."
- Ex 15:11 "Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you - majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?"
- Ex 33:18 Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory."
- 1 Chron 16:10 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
- 1 Chron 16:24 Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
- 1 Chron 16:29 ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name. Bring an offering and come before him; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.
- 1 Chron 29:11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.
- Ps 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
- Ps 24:7-10 Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is he, this King of glory? The Lord Almighty- he is the King of glory.
- Ps 57:5, 11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth.
- Ps 72:19 Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and Amen.
- Ps 86:9 All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.
- Ps 105:3 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
- Ps 115:1 Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.
- Is 6:3 And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."
- Ps 79:9 Help us, O God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name's sake.
- Ps 106:47 Save us, O Lord our God, and gather us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise.
- Is 43:25 "I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more."
- Is 43:7 "everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."
- Deut 4:24 For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
- Is 42:8 "I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols."
- Is 48:9-11 For my own name's sake I delay my wrath; for the sake of my praise I hold it back from you, so as not to cut you off. See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this. How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield my glory to another.
- Matt 25:31-32 When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
- John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- John 15:8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
- John 17:4-5 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
- Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
- Rom 8:17-18 Now if we are children, then we are heirs–heirs of God and co¬heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
- Rom 9:23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory
- 1 Cor 2:8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
- Eph 1:11-12 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.
- Phil 2:10-11 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- Col 3:4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
- 2 Thess 2:14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- 2 Tim 2:10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.
- Heb 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
- 2 Pet 3:18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.
- Rev 4:11 "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."
- Rev 5:12 In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"
- Rev 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.
- 1 Tim 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- Rom 11:36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
- 1 Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.