Tuesday, July 07, 2009

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

Ligonier Ministries, in honor of John Calvin's 500th birthday is offering the black leather (ESV) Reformation Study Bible for ANY AMOUNT.

Today only, get a black leather Reformation Study Bible for a donation of any amount. This is a call-in offer only and is not available online. To take advantage of this special one-day offer, call 800-435-4343 today from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST. (No substitutions. Color maps not included.)

"The Reformation Study Bible is a milestone in evangelical publishing. This magnificent resource offers insightful commentary, study notes, and background material on every book of the Bible, written by some of the most faithful and insightful evangelical scholars of our times. The notes combine theological clarity with genuine scholarship and practical application. This is a serious study Bible for serious students, and it belongs in every Christian's library."
-- Al Mohler, President of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

13 Comments:

At 07 July, 2009 14:59, Blogger Harper said...

I researched, and then saved up for several months to buy myself this Bible for my birthday. It's a great resource; and very beautiful.
........shoulda waited I guess......... :-)

 
At 07 July, 2009 15:06, Blogger GUNNY said...

Not a bad way to go for a gift. It's an incredible deal; it really is.

 
At 07 July, 2009 16:06, Blogger Matt said...

Gunny,

You've created a terrible dilemma for me. I've been wanting a black leather ESV Bible for some time, but since I already have a dozen Bibles, including a hard cover ESV, I've decided that I shouldn't give in to my coveting. I certainly don't need to drop $42 on another Bible.

However, I would use the Bible for ministry, and I like a good deal. But, the thought of low-balling a Christian ministry just to get a good deal on something I want but don't need doesn't seem right.

Thanks for ruining my afternoon. :)

 
At 07 July, 2009 17:09, Blogger GUNNY said...

Well, the day ain't over yet, Matt.

;-)

I already have one, so I anticipate mine will be a gift, a nice way to spread the love and give someone a really nice Bible they'll more likely use.

Like many of us churches that give away Bibles, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a special dispensation in their own ministry when it comes to Bibles.

 
At 07 July, 2009 19:26, Blogger Harper said...

I'm going to get one and give it as a gift. I don't think of this as "low balling"... they are making the offer. They can probably afford it. Just make sure you put them in your will.. ;-)

 
At 07 July, 2009 23:38, Blogger ann clary said...

Eric,

My Judah shaes Calvin's birthay with him on the 10th. Isn't that cool?!

 
At 08 July, 2009 08:52, Blogger ann clary said...

AND their first initials and their last initials are the same!

 
At 08 July, 2009 10:14, Blogger GUNNY said...

Ann, that is too cool! You'll have to by little J.C. a copy of John Calvin's Institutes for his birthday some year.

 
At 08 July, 2009 13:53, Blogger samurai said...

*sigh* I was out of town and away from my computer yesterday! 8(

I appreciate you making us all aware of this excellent free offer though!

 
At 08 July, 2009 16:58, Blogger GUNNY said...

Sam, you picked the wrong day to avoid the computer!

There's a daily special each day this week, and today's special isn't bad either.

It's Joel Beeke's Living for God's Glory: An Introduction to Calvinism. It's a big, thick hardback, but I've already got it. It's also in the "for any donation" category, however. This one can be ordered online.

 
At 11 July, 2009 13:32, Blogger victoria [: said...

I can't wait for my Bible to arrive. Any ideas when it will arrive? (I already got my receipt in the mail, now just waiting for the Bible)

 
At 13 July, 2009 15:09, Blogger GUNNY said...

Victoria, I got mine in the mail TODAY! Whoop!

 
At 13 July, 2009 19:40, Blogger Harper said...

Wow! Very fast! I just got the receipt today. Now I want the Calvin book...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting