Friday, September 29, 2006

into each life a little rain must fall

So, I got to go to the Cardinals game tonight at the NEW Busch Stadium.

The Cardinals "magic number" was at 4. Either a Cardinals win or a disAstros loss would lower it. I got neither ... still 4.

I had never been to a game at the old Busch Stadium where the Cardinals lost. Every single time I drug my bad self to the friendly confines of Busch Stadium over my illustrious baseball watching career I came home with a "winner."

Not tonight, just the sting of getting decisively beaten. I knew we were in trouble when the Cardinals were down 8-0 after 2.5 innings. Only the postgame White Castles brought any consolation.

My record at the new Busch Stadium ... 0-1.

I'm afraid to go back.


P.S. Although they did not finish strong, the Cardinals did finish the season as champions of the National League Central Division, for the 6th time in 7 years (2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006). Congratulations, Redbirds!


AND they won the National League pennant!


AND they won the World Series!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 30 September, 2006 14:17, Blogger C. T. Lillies said...

That's OK, at least you're not a Rangers fan. I've been watching them for about eight years now [insert deep sigh here]. This year, I think, was most disappointing because they had such a great start.

But hey, its hockey season now. Go Stars!

Josh

 
At 03 October, 2006 03:16, Blogger GUNNY said...

Well, they limped to the finish line, but the Cardinals did win their third straight National League Central Division championship.

They will go to the playoffs for the 6th time in 7 years, which ain't bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting