Friday, April 21, 2006

Well, the Lord hates a coward.

As a kid, I had a fear of losing teeth. In fact, it's still an occassional dream/nightmare I have, a lose tooth about to fall out.

I was often told to pull it out or wiggle it or whatever. But, I couldn't. I was skeered.

However, Sarah has been wanting to lose a tooth for over a year now. In fact, it has even been a recurring prayer request.

Well, I was explaining to her the world of blogging while she sat on my lap and played with her tooth. She then exclaimed, "I lost my tooth!"

After visual confirmation, and at her request, we notify the world. I was impressed by her bravery.

Yesterday, Sarah told me about a conversation she had with her friend at school. She told me that she told her friend about Jesus because she was "from India and needed to know about that."

Being curious, I asked her, "What did you say?"

She responded with, "I told her there was only one true God. We pretty much chit-chatted about that the whole time."

So effortless and nonchalant. She has a friend in need, so she's trying to help her. She's braver than her dad, who sometimes gets skeered.

Twice in two days I was impressed with her bravery. But then again, the Lord hates a coward.

3 Comments:

At 22 April, 2006 13:20, Blogger Mike said...

I'm impressed.

 
At 05 May, 2006 12:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked Sarah's spirit!

However I beg to disagree with the title (and conclusion), I think everybody is a coward at some point or the other, and fear is something to be faced, accepted and eventually overcome. Not using the term 'hates a coward' which makes one feel ashamed of being a coward. In my opinion, guilt dosen't help in any way.

Unless of course maybe I missed the point of the quote! :)

Thanks,
Sanjay

 
At 23 September, 2006 12:07, Blogger GUNNY said...

Ah ... well the quote is from the movie The Untouchables, from Malone, Sean Connery's character.

; )

Remember, courage is not the absence of fear, but willing to act in spite of fear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting