Friday, April 14, 2006

We follow orders son. We follow orders, or people die. It's that simple. Are we clear?

Mindful of the Christ today, particularly His wounds, by which I have been healed.

He who was/is worthy to be adorned with many crowns, came to don a crown of pain as He bore our sin when the Father laid on the Son the wrath we deserve.

He was forsaken, that we might be forgiven.

Human disobedience brought death, physical and spiritual. Christ's obedience brings life, physical and spiritual, through the satisfaction of His death, for those in Christ. I owed a debt I could not pay. He paid a debt He did not owe. We didn't follow orders and He died, willingly. It's that simple.

O sacred Head, now wounded, with grief and shame weighed down,
Now scornfully surrounded with thorns, Thine only crown;
How pale Thou art with anguish, with sore abuse and scorn!
How does that visage languish, which once was bright as morn!

What Thou, my Lord, hast suffered, was all for sinners’ gain;
Mine, mine was the transgression, but Thine the deadly pain.
Lo, here I fall, my Savior! ’Tis I deserve Thy place;
Look on me with Thy favor, vouchsafe to me Thy grace.

Men mock and taunt and jeer Thee, Thou noble countenance,
Though mighty worlds shall fear Thee and flee before Thy glance.
How art thou pale with anguish, with sore abuse and scorn!
How doth Thy visage languish that once was bright as morn!

What language shall I borrow to thank Thee, dearest friend,
For this Thy dying sorrow, Thy pity without end?

O make me Thine forever, and should I fainting be,

Lord, let me never, never outlive my love to Thee.

- O Sacred Head, Now Wounded by Bernard of Clairvaux (1091-1153)

(cf. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?)

2 Comments:

At 14 April, 2006 10:28, Blogger dogpreacher said...

I am new to your blog, and find your post's humorous, comitted, and devotional. I will look forward to checking in to check you out more often.

 
At 29 April, 2006 14:05, Blogger GUNNY said...

Thanks, DOGpreacher, for your kind words.

Keep the faith out in east Texas, brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting