Thursday, January 10, 2013

You have to ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?"

The following are diagnostic questions* I came up with to help us take precautions regarding the destructive nature of our communication within the body of Christ.
  • Q1: Have I been involved in gossip at Providence Church, teller or hearer?
  • Q2: Have I lied about a brother or sister?
  • Q3: Have I said things that were true, but not with love? (Eph 4:15)
  • Q4: Has my anger revealed my unrighteous heart? (James 1:19-20)
  • Q5: Have my words injured someone, tearing down rather than building up? (Eph 4:29)
  • Q6: If I answered, “Yes,” to any of those 5 questions, what should my repentance look like? (e.g., confession, restitution, asking forgiveness, etc.)
*I shared these diagnostic questions at Providence Church during Sunday's sermon, "Sticks and Stones." 

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11 January, 2013 07:41, Anonymous Steve Martin said...

I do it, now and again.


I need to knock it off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting