You have to ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?"
The following are diagnostic questions* I came up with to help us take precautions regarding the destructive nature of our communication within the body of Christ.
- Q1: Have I been involved in gossip at Providence Church, teller or hearer?
- Q2: Have I lied about a brother or sister?
- Q3: Have I said things that were true, but not with love? (Eph 4:15)
- Q4: Has my anger revealed my unrighteous heart? (James 1:19-20)
- Q5: Have my words injured someone, tearing down rather than building up? (Eph 4:29)
- Q6: If I answered, “Yes,” to any of those 5 questions, what should my repentance look like? (e.g., confession, restitution, asking forgiveness, etc.)