Monday, March 24, 2008

Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion.

Check out Tony Kummer's March Madness ... blog-wise, that is.

He's seeded SBC blogs according to his 3 criteria and arranged them by division.

I am honored that SEMPER REFORMANDA has been invited to the tournament AND to have garnered an 8-seed in the Midwest Division.

I'm up against some big boys including my good brother Rev, so I'm clinging to the aspirations of another Cinderella story.

(I'm thinking I should have mucked it up a bit more on the SBC slooge to have received a higher seed. Lord willing, I'll know better for next year.)

Should you be so inclined to vote, click here to vote for your favorites of the field. In and of itself, it's a good collection of links for your viewing pleasure.

My Aggies were a #9 seed and within a whisker of upsetting UCLA on Saturday, a #1 seed. I hope I don't let them down and I hope to make the Sweet 16.

I also commit to represent the Lone Star State well.

Voting ends Sunday night (3/30).
*I'm Gunny, and I approved this message.*

9 Comments:

At 24 March, 2008 16:58, Blogger Rev. said...

Gun: You got my vote, bro!

 
At 24 March, 2008 19:10, Blogger not used anymore. said...

You've got my vote.

 
At 24 March, 2008 20:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Gunny, Go! You've got my vote! I really enjoy reading your blog!

 
At 24 March, 2008 22:41, Blogger Tony Kummer said...

This is the best "vote for me" post I've seen yet.

- Have you considered running for SBC president?

 
At 24 March, 2008 23:09, Blogger GUNNY said...

Tony,

Funny you should ask that ...

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

In 2011, I'm your man!


Thanks for all the votes. I will do my best to not let you down. It's inconceivable I could make it past the Sweet 16, but to make it there would we ... well ... SWEET.

 
At 25 March, 2008 10:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got my vote.

I'm hoping to make the NIT

 
At 25 March, 2008 10:30, Blogger GUNNY said...

Thanks, brother.

Oddly enough, I was thinking about the NIT recently.

My question was, "Would a team prefer to win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament?"

I'm thinking the former, even though they could at best say, "We're number 65! We're number 65!"

 
At 25 March, 2008 12:21, Blogger Oilcan said...

Caddy Shack

That ballot was confusing Gunny. I intended to vote for you, but I think I voted for Pat Buchanan by accident.

I feel disenfranchised. I demand a recount (unless Gunny is in the Sweet 16 after the first count).

 
At 25 March, 2008 14:25, Blogger samurai said...

You get my vote Gunny. Mostly because I have not heard about most of the others. :)

But you have given me a fresh list of blogs to check out for my edification. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting