Saturday, June 03, 2006

This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere.

For the third time in the playoffs the Little Mavericks have quieted the crowd by closing out the series on the road.

First, they handily put away the Memphis Grizzlies in a four game sweep, winning the clincher in Memphis.

Second, they weathered the storm of the NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs who had come back from being down 3 games to 1 and being down by 20 points in Game 7. In overtime, Dallas shocked many, including the crowd who were silenced as Dallas said hasta la vista, baby, winning the clincher in San Antonio.

Tonight, they defeated the back to back MVP Steve Nash & the Phoenix suns as the Mavs overcame a 18 point deficit to win 102-93, ensuring that another crowd would become deadly silent as this Cinderella story progressed.

Congratulations to the Little Mavericks. During the playoffs they've won 6 road games; that's 6 of 12 that have come on the road. In other words, 6 times they've quieted the crowd. Though they have home court advantage against Shaq & the Miami Heat, Dallas has proven it can win on the road and can clinch there, if necessary.

Tonight's win was the first Western Conference title for the Little Mavericks in their 26 year history. They need four more wins to complete the Cinderella story, going from the laughingstock of the NBA to the champs.

Go Mavericks!

2 Comments:

At 05 June, 2006 00:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost cried, I was there that night. And I was silenced. Good luck in the finals, good luck against the heat. Dallas has one of the finest teams in basketball, one of the least egotistical, and one of the hardest working. They can win a national championship.
And could you please finih off the lakers for us? We beat most of em, but we need you to finish the job. There is no team in the NBA that we could have played in any of our actual and potential matchups(Lakers, Clippers, Mavs, Heat*) that I would want to win a national championship more than you guys. I have great respect for your team and your city.
Cully
Scottsdale, AZ

 
At 05 June, 2006 00:48, Blogger GUNNY said...

I hurt for Steve Nash. The Suns battled and scared me silly, but I think Dallas was just deeper. Plus, Dirk played like I've never known in Game 5, which could have easily been lost.

I was shocked the Suns came back from 3-1 down to the Lakers, but Thomas' 3-pointer turned the series. You know of which one I speak. Amen, Cully?

I loves me some Avery and I think he sets the tone for not being a cocky or arrogant team. He's the man and I hope we hang onto him for a long time.

We'll do our best to send Shaq home empty-handed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting