Monday, February 20, 2012

If she were a president, she would be Baberaham Lincoln.

In honor of Presidents Day, quotes I tweeted in their honor:

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." ~Theodore Roosevelt

"I never saw a pessimistic general win a battle." ~Dwight Eisenhower

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society." ~Theodore Roosevelt

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something." ~Woodrow Wilson

"History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap." ~Ronald Reagan

"The only man who makes no mistake is the man who does nothing." ~Theodore Roosevelt

"A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties." ~Truman

"If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity." ~John F. Kennedy

"I have never been hurt by anything I didn't say." ~Calvin Coolidge

"I have never advocated war except as a means of peace." ~Ulysses S. Grant

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~Gerald Ford

"We Americans have no commission from God to police the world." ~Benjamin Harrison

"Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." ~Ronald Reagan

"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is." ~Bill Clinton

"If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong." ~Abraham Lincoln

"The most terrifying words in the English langauge are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." ~Ronald Reagan

"Nothing brings out the lower traits of human nature like office seeking." ~Rutherford B. Hayes

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" ~Abraham Lincoln

"It is true, I worry about the hype. The only person more over-hyped than me is you." ~Barak Obama [to Jon Stewart]

"There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens can not cure." ~D Eisenhower

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." ~Theodore Roosevelt

"We should measure welfare's success by how many people leave welfare, not by how many are added." ~Ronald Reagan

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~Dwight David Eisenhower

"An honorable defeat is better than a dishonorable victory." ~Millard Fillmore

"As to the Presidency, the two happiest days of my life were those of my entrance upon the office and my surrender of it." ~Martin Van Buren

"The rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God." ~John F. Kennedy
  • *Disclaimer: A quote cited in no way should be seen as a tacit endorsement of the man, his policies, or his morality.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 21 February, 2012 11:50, Blogger Audrey said...

Wayne's World! Wayne's World!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting