Friday, September 14, 2007

I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Much of what you get forwarded in email is not worth the time to scroll through. However, this was a pleasant surprise and diversion from the day's drudgery.

The creator has distinguished himself/herself and can be confident that he/she weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

"THE LEGO CHURCH"
(Click on the pictures to enlarge.)

It features a balcony, a Narthex, stairs to the balcony,
restrooms, coat rooms, several mosaics, a nave, a baptistery,
an altar, a crucifix, a pulpit and an elaborate pipe organ.


A few quick facts:

How long to build it? It was about a year and a half of planning,
building and photographing.


How many pieces of LEGO to build it? more than 75,000


How big is it? About 7 feet by 5 1/2 feet by 30 inches
(2.2 m x 1.7 m x .76 m )






How many LEGO people does it seat? 1,372


How many windows? 3,976

9 Comments:

At 15 September, 2007 10:12, Blogger Timothy said...

I wonder how that will look on Judgment Day. I mean, what are they going to say, "But God, I built you a LEGO church!" Just seems like a waste of time, but I know I waste a lot of time too.
Blessings

 
At 15 September, 2007 13:29, Blogger GUNNY said...

Honestly, that was my initial thought as well ... and then I looked around at my glass house.

;-)

I guess ... if it was a fun hobby ... and he did use his powers for good and not for evil ...

 
At 17 September, 2007 10:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it is a Reformed Lego church, then it was not a waste of time.

-Oilcan

 
At 17 September, 2007 11:16, Blogger samurai said...

I love lego's... so does my oldest son... I've got to share this with him... pretty cool IMO.

We all have hobbies. I think this was a creative way to share his faith... assuming this person is a believer.

 
At 17 September, 2007 20:06, Blogger Lionel Woods said...

I guess if I were not on blogs I could do this too right? I couldn't build anything with Legos.

 
At 18 September, 2007 03:04, Blogger GUNNY said...

When Jesus said, "I will build my church," He probably wasn't thinking Legos. But I can understand Christ's declaration misconstrued by some well intentioned soul wanting to lend the Lord a hand.

Given my prowess, or lack thereof, where Legos were concerned, I'm thinking this cat had some divine assistance and I'm assuming he got the specifications from 1 Kings 6.

 
At 18 September, 2007 09:54, Blogger Matthew Bradley said...

I couldn't help noticing when I saw this a few weeks ago that this church is struggling in attendance. As large and nice as it appears, I think perhaps this church applied and benefited from the church growth principles in the '80s and '90s, only now to begin discovering that the gospel (Christ died for all Legos) was absent from such an approach. I'll pray that they will recover the gospel and that God will build his kingdom in their community through their witness.

 
At 19 September, 2007 02:06, Blogger dogpreacher said...

Oh man...I was all ready to jump on this guy for "not redeeming the time", and instead...God is pointing out to me all the things I put before Him, and all the time that adds up to...I gotta go

 
At 22 September, 2007 22:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - we all waste time some how or other, right? None of us are exempt from that one...

But what I want to know now is.. what's he gonna do with it now?? =)

Thanks for sharing (came by way of col 3:16)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting