Semper Bow Tie
I am an unashamed advocate of the greatness that is the bow tie, ever since, Chris J. Cote' first made me covet by sporting his and Stephen Brown taught me how to tie one at DTS in the men's room.
In fact, I have only transgressed by wearing a "long tie" once since 1995 (that being at graduation from seminary, but under my "gown" so as to not be seen).
Let me try to indoctrinate you, sway you to the few, the proud, the bow tie guys.
Reasons you should switch to the bow tie (in no particular order):
- You can have some fun and interesting experiences when your identity is mistakenly assumed (e.g., television weatherman, member of the Nation of Islam, worker at restaurant or grocery store, Chippendales dancer, etc.), most of which I have experienced firsthand.
- You don't have to worry about getting the tie length just right so as to not look like an out of work used car salesman.
- You don't have to worry about spilling food on your tie or throwing it over your shoulder to avoid such.
- It helps when applying for a job as a professor at an institution of higher learning.
- Fellow bow tie guys: Charles Haddon Spurgeon, Vito Corrleone, the Cat in the Hat, and Troy Dungan.
Here's a picture of bow tie discipleship ala 2 Timothy 2:2 style.
Click here or here for HOW to tie a bow tie (no self-respecting Christian would ever attempt to deceive by wearing a clip on).
Places to order bow ties:
The Bow Tie Club
Beauties Ltd of Vermont
Finally, when you wear a bow tie, you're one cool cat.