Friday, June 01, 2007

I will not rest until I have you holding a Coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a ...

Okay, I'm a fan of sports and all that implies, but ladies tennis is not right in my wheelhouse.

However, I have to attribute greatness where I see it. In Omaha, Nebraska, there's a young lady who just finished a stellar high school career.

I'm thumbing through my Sports Illustrated (2007/05/28) this afternoon (which I ordered to get the freebies celebrating the Cardinals' World Series victory) and came across the piece, "Local Girl Goes 117-0."

The Ohio State bound Cameron Hubbs had "never lost a set in high school," SI noted, which is pretty impressive. She won all 117 of her matches. Granted this is still at the amateur level, but I'm thinking she's pretty good, even to just never had a really bad day where the opposition could get you.

I wonder if she needs an agent?!

Cameron, if you're reading this blog ...

I will not rest until I have you holding a Coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial, starring you, broadcast during Wimbledon, in a match that you are winning, and I will not sleep until that happens. I'll give you fifteen minutes to email me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting