Saturday, December 23, 2006

It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school.

Wow, I didn't see this coming, but congratulations on a great season. Prior to 2006, they had never won a playoff football game, but ...

Don't look now ... my alma mater, Cedar Hill High School (16-0) just won the 5A Division II State Championship with a convincing win over Cypress Falls Eagles (51-17).

This is likely the only time you'll ever be able to hear me congratulate the Longhorns.

Okay, I'll admit it ... I'm a sports fan, especially football. Some think that for a grown man to be so invested that it's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school.

4 Comments:

At 24 December, 2006 16:24, Blogger deines said...

oh yes...nothing like a little Ferris Bueller to keep the day going.

 
At 24 December, 2006 21:16, Blogger GUNNY said...

It's hard to get anything past you, Horhay!

Sneaky, sneaky, sir. I definitely think I was underestimating the sneakiness.

But, hey, life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

 
At 27 January, 2010 15:35, Anonymous Glenn Fonzi said...

I am also a grad from CHHS 1980 class,I went back recently,Oh how things have changed

 
At 27 January, 2010 16:43, Blogger GUNNY said...

Glenn, I was a delivery driver for Pizza Inn in high school and knew that town like the back of my hand. However, when I went back two years ago, I couldn't hardly find my way around.

Of course, I'd been gone for over 15 years, but I couldn't have imagined such a transformation.

The football team's not the only thing that changed. Of course, they were still 3A when you graduated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting