Friday, March 17, 2006

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like … victory.

Ah ... the greatness of TiVo. Acting on Oilcan's suggestion, I recorded the second half of Aggie Basketball against Syracuse and wound up watching it after midnight.

I was not disappointed as the Ags beat the Orange (ESPN's lengthier recap) in their first NCAA tournament appearance since 1987, their first "W" since 1980 (i.e., before these players were even born).

I love the small of napalm in the morning. It smells like ... victory.

4 Comments:

At 17 March, 2006 08:16, Anonymous Stephanie said...

Bah! Totally messed up my brackets. I'm officially mad at the Aggies and Oklahoma.

 
At 17 March, 2006 09:43, Anonymous Stephanie said...

Well, I commented, and it disappeared. Hrm.

Anyway, the Aggies are screwing up my bracket. They are not my favorite team right now.

 
At 18 March, 2006 00:39, Blogger GUNNY said...

I don't know what happened to the original comment.

Stephanie wrote: "Anyway, the Aggies are screwing up my bracket. They are not my favorite team right now."

I hope after Saturday's game there are a lot of LSU fans who can say the same thing!

Whoop!

 
At 31 March, 2006 01:10, Blogger GUNNY said...

Sadly, the gas in the Ag tank ran out. That LSU kid hit a monster 3-pointer from well beyond the arc at the end to put the Tigers up by 1.

That kid misses the shot, the Ags win and go to the Sweet 16. He hits it and the Ags are sad.

I thought they achieved far more than expected, but I'm ready for next year so they can exceed next season's expectations as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting